Gator Bowl Association…..Everyone’s A Player.
The Gator Bowl Association’s mission is to provide Northeast Florida with the very best in college athletics and related activities in order to maximize positive impact on the area’s economy, national image and community pride.
- The Gator Bowl game and events are a 67-year-old Northeast Florida family tradition
- Sixth oldest college bowl game and the first ever to be televised nationally coast-to-coast
- Home of legendary coaches; Heisman, Outland, Vince Lombardi and Maxwell Award winners; and more than 175 first team All-Americans
- The Gator Bowl Association is a 501 (c)(3) not-for-profit organization whose primary charitable activities are focused on education and youth in the North Florida Area.
- Florida’s First Coast schools will receive a portion of special ticket revenue to support in-school programs
- Scholarships are funded for Pop Warner, Take Stock in Children and Tony Boselli Award of Excellence recipients.
- 30,000 out-of-town visitors
- Two night/three day average stay
- Between $14-$16 million in direct spending for the local economy
- $30 million overall economic impact to Northeast Florida
- 280 Gator Bowl Committee Members
- 90 Chairman’s Club Members and Sponsors
- Over 700 volunteers